Administrative Assistant (Finance)
Full Time Position
Location: Glasgow / Hybrid
Salary Range: £20,000 - £22,000
About Park Circus
Park Circus is a global film distributor with offices in Glasgow, London, Los Angeles and Paris, with a sales presence in Australia, Germany and Japan.
We represent over 25,000 back catalogue titles from the libraries of the biggest Hollywood and British film studios as well as independent rights holders. We also distribute contemporary films on behalf of studio and independent partners.
We help make amazing screenings happen in over 100 countries around the world each year. From single-screen community cinemas to international multiplex chains, from rooftops to pop-ups and for festivals big and small, we license retrospectives, reissues, restorations, one-off repertory screenings, special events and cinematic celebrations on behalf of our studio partners.
We love adventurous programmers, dedicated cinephiles, festival directors who delve into the forgotten corners of the catalogue, people obsessed with the history of movies and film fans of every kind. But, most of all, we love the movies.
If you are enthusiastic about film, have the experience required as an Admin Assistant and would like to join our passionate team, we would be delighted to hear from you!
The Administrative Assistant Role
Park Circus are looking to recruit a full time entry-level Administrative Assistant to work in the Finance department. We are looking for highly motivated applicants, preferably with experience of working in a Finance or Administration role in a high-volume fast-paced environment.
The role will involve reporting to and working closely with our Finance Manager, and the rest of the Finance team, primarily managing and processing all box office returns from our cinema partners for both the UK and French offices. Maintaining the finance email inbox and other ad-hoc finance tasks will also be required.
This role is open to applicants who can join the team in our Glasgow office - located centrally at Charing Cross. We offer hybrid working but initially the successful candidate would be required to be office-based for a training period working closely with the team.
Administrative Assistant Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage box office returns, including chasing overdue customer reports and processing for accuracy and data entry;
- Monitor and maintain the Finance email inbox actioning or escalating items to the team as appropriate;
- Liaise with internal and external contacts to resolve any queries;
- Assist with credit control
- KPI reporting
- Assist with Ad-hoc finance duties as required.
Skills & Attributes
- 1 year of work experience in a relevant Finance or Administration role and/or relevant education preferred;
- Strong numerical skills and demonstrable accuracy with numbers;
- Have a dedicated, positive attitude and be a strong communicator within the team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Excel;
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage own workload in a small team within a fast-paced, high-volume, high-performance work environment;
- Show high level of attention to detail and strong organisational skills;
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems at an early stage;
- Excellent customer service skills by phone and email;
- French speaking (intermediate) would be advantageous
What we offer you
- An excellent starting point in the film industry
- Generous annual leave entitlement (25 days plus bank holidays for full time employees)
- Additional leave awarded based on length of service
- Your birthday off
- Enhanced pay for parental leave (subject to eligibility and length of service)
- Employee social events, including staff screenings (in our own cinema room)
- Company incentive plans
We truly value our team and understand the importance of flexibility, so we are flexible around core working hours and offer the opportunity of working from home and the office on a hybrid basis, subject to agreement with your manager.
At Park Circus we value diverse ideas and perspectives, and we are committed to offering an environment of respect and equal employment opportunities to applicants from all backgrounds and demographics. Inclusion and accessibility are essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and support talented individuals from a diversity of backgrounds.
Please let us know if you require any additional support or reasonable adjustments to made to our recruitment process to enable you to participate. Contact us on [email protected] or 0141 739 7760 regarding this.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected] stating in the subject line the job you are applying for. Closing date is the 10 February 2023 with interviews to be arranged shortly thereafter.
Interviews will take place remotely initially with a follow up interview in our Glasgow office for successful candidates.