Established in 2003, Park Circus is a leading global sales agency and distribution company. We proudly represent over 25,000 films from Hollywood and British studios and a large number of independent rights owners. It’s not all about classic films though, our contemporary releasing and sales slate includes titles from established directors as well as the new discoveries of today.
We are knowledgeable, passionate and our love of cinema goes to the heart of everything we do. Working with rights holders, producers, distributors and cinemas, our aim is to share the wonderful films we represent with audiences on both the big and small screen.
The company is seeking a creative, dynamic and organised individual to join our Glasgow-based team as a Creative Director/Designer. Working as a key part of the senior marketing team, you will play an integral role, delivering an array of exciting film marketing materials.
This role could suit someone with creative agency experience or someone with a design and creative management background looking for a great job working in-house in an exciting, global film company.
This is a nine-month temporary maternity leave cover contract and the salary is £30,000 pro-rata.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading on the creative areas of multiple film releases or projects at a time, overseeing each project from brief through to delivery. Presenting creative solutions internally to the CEOs for sign off and ensuring compliance of all new materials with billing, legal and copyright obligations and restrictions plus ensuring studio approval on all new materials.
- Creating film posters, other publicity materials, ads, social campaign materials, brochures and digital publications. You will also manage the creation of promotional materials and stand design for film festivals and trade fairs.
- Working with external creatives and editors on the creation of trailers and other promotional materials and ensuring everything works together well and looks and feels great.
- Overseeing third-party creative from both theatrical and home entertainment sub-distributors or exhibitor chains to ensure quality is high, the Park Circus brand is well represented, and all parties are happy. Working alongside an experienced Marketing Executive on the studio legal approval of all new or updated materials.
- Print management and overseeing poster and trailer delivery. Asset management of film resources (images, trailers etc.). Creating packages of assets for the team to supply to cinemas for releases.
- Involvement in our B2B communications – ensuring e-newsletters, social activity, reports and website content looks good and represents the films, Park Circus and our studio partners well.
- Working with the sales and business development team on new pitches and allocating appropriate resources. Putting together attractive digital pitch decks for film releases and projects.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent design skills using Adobe CS.
- Solid project management skills.
- A strong creative eye.
- Proven experience of working with editors and other creatives and delivering great results.
- Good at establishing great relationships – internally and with external partners and suppliers.
- Experience of print management.
- Able to fit into a small team and juggle conflicting priorities across multiple time zones.
- Highly organised and detail orientated. Able to create systems, procedures and processes to ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Works well under pressure in a busy environment as part of a small team. Flexible, adaptable, reliable and committed.
- Able to demonstrate financial acumen and stay within budget.
- Good understanding of image and film file types, image quality and resolution, when to use vectors etc.
- Must be happy to clean dust off an image and adjust levels in Photoshop when necessary.
- An understanding and love of cinema.
DESIRABLE, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Familiarity with the process of film distribution.
- Proofreading and copywriting skills.
- After Effects skills and experience of creating animated posters/text GFX.
- Experience of website technical management – working with developers.
The role is full time, the ideal start date is 22 July 2018 and runs for an initial period of nine months to cover maternity leave. If you would like a confidential conversation about the role and your suitability, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please submit your current CV along with either a digital portfolio or a link to examples of work online, along with a covering letter detailing why you’re the right person for the job to email@example.com. Please state in the subject line the job you are applying for.
The closing date is 18 June (10am) with applications reviewed on receipt. Please note, we will only contact you if you are selected for interview.
Image (above): The Pink Phink