Belle de Jour returns to cinemas from 8 September, screening from a new 4K restoration which has spent the summer season turning heads at Cannes Classics and Il Cinema Ritrovato.
50 years after its first release, Luis Buñuel's hypnotic story of a bourgeois housewife who submits herself to the world of the bordello - a spell-binding Catherine Deneuve, in one of her defining roles - retains its ability to scandalise, to titillate and to challenge.
Belle de jour | Back in UK cinemas from 8 September
- The Guardian
- Total Film
- The Times (Classic Film of the Week)
- Belle de Jour: how Catherine Deneuve's bored housewife changed cinematic sex forever - The Telegraph
- Get to know Buñuel in five easy steps - Curzon Blog
- 50 years of Belle de Jour: eight later films exploring transgressive female sexuality - BFI Online
- Trailer reveal - Little White Lies